Choosing best-wet cat food isn’t always easy, especially if you don’t want to spend too much.
The boxes for cats’ quality are quite expensive but if you occasionally have time to cook, you can prepare a good cat food made at home: the pate for cats.
DIY FOOD FOR CATS RECIPES
There are several recipes for cat pate with chicken, turkey, offal, or fish.
We have chosen two mouth-watering variations of homemade wet cat food.
HOME-MADE CATS PATE
You don’t know how to make cat pate or have you never tried it? Here are 2 easy recipes to get started.
CHICKEN LIVER PATE
We have chosen an easy and inexpensive recipe for your kitty made from chicken livers.
The indicated doses are sufficient to feed a cat over 4 kg for 2 days.
- 100 g chicken livers;
- 80 gr of rice;
- 100 gr of chicken meat (without bones);
- 1 tablespoon of seed oil;
- 1 courgette;
- 1 carrot.
- boil the vegetables for half an hour, at the end mix them together;
- boil the rice so that it takes on a creamy consistency (it must be very cooked almost unmade;
- boil the chopped chicken meat for 10 minutes (you can use the same water as the vegetables);
- scald the livers for a few minutes and blend them until creamy;
- drain the chicken and let it cool a little;
- fray the pieces of chicken and incorporate the rice, the cream of vegetables and that of livers;
- divide the pate into 6 rations which will be sufficient for 2-day meals.
PATE ‘FOR CATS WITH FISH
If you happen to go to the fish market, remember that you can take fresh fish scraps for your friend, such as salmon heads full of tasty meat.
Tuna, salmon and anchovy fillets can form the basis for a portion of excellent DIY cat food.
When you don’t have the opportunity to buy fresh fish, you can always opt for frozen fish such as hake.
- 2 hake fillets;
- 1 glass and a half of water;
- half a glass of breadcrumbs.
- let the fillets defrost and chop them finely;
- put the phrase in a saucepan with the water and the breadcrumbs and heat everything in a water bath;
- cook over low heat until it thickens;
- let cool and divide into portions.
You should definitely not add salt to the cat’s wet food.