DIY CROQUETTES FOR CATS
Not sure about industrial cat food? Don’t you trust the quality and origin of the ingredients?
Know that there is no need to spend follies to guarantee your cat some genuine cat crunchies.
Just prepare them yourself!
You got it right you can try your hand at the stove and prepare homemade cat food, surely your four-legged friend will like it.
We offer you a special recipe with few carbohydrates and many noble proteins important for the cat’s nourishment and health. This recipe also contains the right amount of fiber that favors intestinal transit.
HOME-MADE CAT CROQUETTES: THE RECIPE
Croquettes ingredients for cats
- 300 g of ground beef
- 150 gr of veal kidney
- 90 gr of starch
- 2 eggs
- ½ carrot or ½ courgette
- 1 tbsp of oil
- Boil a small carrot or courgette for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, break the kidney and cook the meat (minced and kidney) in a pan for a few minutes adding water.
- Put the vegetables and meat in the blender adding also the two eggs and a little starch. (If you want to reduce the amount of starch, you can also use carriage flour as a thickener.)
- At this point, blend everything until a homogeneous mixture is obtained.
- Place baking paper on a baking dish.
- Spread the dough on the baking dish keeping thickness of half a centimeter (you can help yourself with a spatula).
- Bake the oven dish with a preheated oven at 180° and cook everything for 25-30 minutes. Be careful not to burn the dough.
- At the end wait for it to cool down a bit and cut the dough first into thick strips, then into squares.
- Take the squares and let them dry in the oven for another 10-15 minutes.
And here are your homemade croquettes! Simple and genuine.
If you want to stock up on healthy crunchies for your cats, you should keep them in sealed glass jars, the ones you use for preserves. To obtain the vacuum mechanism you must first boil the containers and the caps.
Next, you will remove the boiling containers, dry them, and insert the portion of crunchies, sealing the container with the cap.
DIY croquettes can last up to a month! Bedside table? And above all healthy!
Follow the blog of Lalettiera because soon we will tell you about a new recipe: homemade tuna croquettes.
Our favorite can’t always eat the same dishes …
Remember that DIY croquettes are integrative food that must be accompanied by wet or dry cat food.
Consult with a trusted vet to ensure your cat has a healthy and balanced diet.